The Reviews Are In!

The Reviews Are In!
... at least the Indian Guy likes it.

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Sports Hall of Fame: Ken Griffey Jr.

Ken Griffey Jr hung up his cleats today. It's a sad day for anyone who collected baseball cards in the 1980's and 1990's as his Upper Deck rookie was legendary. I knew a guy with like twenty of the cards in a binder and it was like I was looking at a gold brick when I saw them.

Here is a small list of things I will remember him for...

1) Trademark backwards cap that garnered him the nickname "The Kid".
2) His ridiculous catches in center field where he robbed hitters of home runs.
3) He played on the same team as his dad and they hit back to back HR's. Pretty awesome.
4) I never heard anyone say they didn't like Ken Griffey Jr.
5) "The Simpsons" episode where he drank nerve tonic and developed a grotesquely swollen jaw.
6) One of the few star players of his era not suspected of steroids.
7) Dude hit 630 home runs. Fifth all-time. If not for injuries he would have easily passed Willie Mays for 4th.

Thanks for the memories Ken, you deserve a spot in my Hall of Fame.

No comments:

Post a Comment